Planning your Trip
It’s helpful to consider a few things before coming to our isolated tropical paradise!
Your health is important:
Make sure you have valid international travel health insurance – check with your insurance company if your policy is valid in Indonesia and if it covers sports accidents, i.e. surfing, diving etc. Vaccinations are not compulsory for this part of Indonesia – but ask your doctor for advice and/or contact us for up-to-date information.
There have been no known cases of Dengue-fever on Rote Island. Malaria is possible in the wet season, but the chances contracting it are very small on Rote.
Checklist – What to bring:
For the sun
· Swimsuit, bathers, swimmers … whatever you call them: something to get wet in!
· Reef booties
· Light wetsuit top
· Second set of fins for your board
For your health
· All prescription medicine you need / first aid kit etc. (of course we have one too)
· Insect repellant
· Vaccination records if you have any (can be helpful in case of an emergency)
· Malaria prevention medication (optional)
For Everything else
· Passport (must be valid for a minimum 6 months from the date of entry to Indonesia)
· International drivers license if you’d like to rent a motorbike or car
· Cash/Indonesian Rupiahs. There are only 3 ATMs on Rote and they DO NOT accept Mastercard.
We have spare leashes, wax, and all necessary yoga equipment (props + mats) available at the resort.
Around the corner is a small shop which rents and repairs surfboards, but doesn’t expect the latest models.